Friday, August 20, 2010

Idea Number 2

Idea no.2: I could start my own Read to a Dog program/farm in NWA.

Okay so some of you maybe asking what is going on up in my head..well I have a soft spot for animals especially for outcast animals. I also have a soft spot for children that struggle with reading, especially when they feel like they aren't good enough or smart enough to read. Then I saw a report where researchers actually had rescued dogs come into libraries and children could pick a dog to read to. According to their findings all the readers that read to the dogs increased their reading skills by 12%. Now with that along with my knowledge of reading and different interventions I think this program could have some real potential.

So what's next for this idea..well research, and more research because this takes money, time, and space to do something like that. So if you are sitting at your computer and tired of checking Facebook or your email over and over again, you can research this idea with me. Send me your thoughts, ideas, and your findings. I'm thinking there has to be some grant money out there for something like this...and if I could convince my parents..I could use their back yard...although I don't know how much the neighbors would like it.

While idea number 2 is floating around, don't think I have forgotten about my first idea....cause it is going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment