Monday, August 30, 2010

This is one idea that is for real!!

Well, I put in my application a week ago to become a CASA worker. CASA is an organization that works with children who have been abused or neglected. CASA: Court Appointed Special Advocate; works with a child or two as their advocate between the lawyers, the other parties involved and as a witness to the well-being of the child. While it doesn't seem like this is a big deal...the process takes a while to finish. After 30 hours of training, reading, homework, and court observation I will officially get my advocate certificate and my first case in October of this year. I know that I have always wanted to work with children, and for awhile I thought that would be in a classroom and that would be the only way. BUT God has a bigger and better plan, and I think that being a CASA volunteer is something that will challenge me, yet be more rewarding than I can imagine.

P.S. You don't have to have a background in education or social work to be a CASA volunteer...just time and an open heart...

This is one thing that isn't like a job..it is a passion, a love, and something I have always wanted to do: Make an impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment